CoreAlign® Instructor Training
Fun and functional training for life
The CoreAlign® system from Balanced Body® stimulates core stability muscles to fire in perfect timing while performing challenging exercises, stretches and core controlled aerobic training. Give your clients a unique exercise experience to improve gait, posture, balance and functional movement. Clients at all fitness levels will feel the difference.
Balanced Body offers CoreAlign training for individuals with a strong background in movement, such as accredited Pilates instructors, personal trainers, movement teachers and physical therapists. Developed by Jonathan Hoffman, a physical therapist, the method is used for musculoskeletal rehabilitation, performance enhancement and as a regular sport for a healthy lifestyle.
CoreAlign® 1: Foundations (16 Hours)
The CoreAlign provides a superior environment for training gait, balance, core stability and sport specific movements in a flexible and dynamic environment. CoreAlign 1: Foundations, is the heart of the CoreAlign training program. The course includes the theoretical basis of the CoreAlign method along with essential exercises to illustrate the full potential of the CoreAlign.
- 60+ foundation exercises designed to build functional movement skills applicable to daily life and athletic pursuits.
- Exercises in standing, plank, all fours and supine positions.
- Specific exercise Tracks to focus on Trunk Integration, Upper Body Strength and Balance, Lower Body Strength and Power, Gait and Dynamic Flexibility.
- Progressions and regressions to address clients at different levels of ability.
- Specific modifications and precautions for working with clients with injuries and special populations.
- The Balanced Body Movement Principles to make your training more efficient, effective and safe.
- CoreAlign equipment set up, maintenance and safety.
CoreAlign® 2: Progressions (16 Hours)
CoreAlign 2: Progressions, builds on the foundation of CoreAlign 1 with progressions of the key exercises learned in CoreAlign 1 and additional exercise categories, training options and teaching techniques.
- Progressions of plank and standing exercises to address a range of training goals from core stabilization to creating integrated rotation for throwing sports.
- Training options using rotator discs, variable directions of resistance and moments of suspension.
- Exercises to challenge balance, coordination and complex movement patterns to prepare clients for anything life throws their way.
CoreAlign 2 provides an excellent platform for improving functional movement patterns for clients at any level of ability from physical therapy patients to professional athletes.
Find A Course Near You: Visit our Education Finder® for current classes at Balanced Body Authorized Training Centers and conferences including Pilates on Tour. Or contact us to bring a class to your location!
Continuing Education Credits Offered By:
- Pilates Method Alliance (PMA)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Aerobic and Fitness Association of America (AFFA)