#1 choice of Pilates professionals since 1976.
The smoothest, quietest ride on the market. Balanced Body’s Pilates Studio Reformer® sets the standard in comfort and craftsmanship. With every edge sculpted and smooth, the Studio Reformer has sleek, clean lines-appealing to the eye and inviting to the touch.
For 30 years, the world’s most respected Pilates instructors have used and recommended the Balanced Body® Pilates Studio Reformer. Built of solid Rock Maple, our Studio Reformer is the most smooth, quiet and durable machine on the market. Reformers we built 20 years ago are still hard at work today.
Balanced Body allows you to design your own Reformer. Choose from our innovative Footbar and Springbar Systems, which are easy to adjust and minimize workout interruptions. Then select from our wide range of colors , woods , and custom heights. Have fun - try our Color Tool !
Compare our Reformer to any other, and you’ll see why the world's most respected Pilates professionals use and recommend our Studio Reformer. Stock item : Strata® Rock Maple, black upholstery.
Limited Lifetime Warranty .
Stock item order:
Orders in black upholstery will ship within 48-72 hours.
Orders in other upholstery colors will ship within 5-7 business days.
( What is a 'Stock Item'? » )
Non-Stock item order:
Studio Reformer with Infinity Footbar® / No-Roll Springbar : $4095 :
Call to Order
Studio Reformer with Infinity Footbar / Revo Springbar : $4295 : Call to Order
Studio Reformer with classic Leather Straps : Call to Order
Stock Item Standard Features:
- 14" (36cm) Strata® reformer
- Frame: 14" high (36cm), 93" long (236cm), 26.5" wide (67cm)
- Carriage: standard foam padding
- Ropes & risers: adjustable ropes and risers
- Springs: 1 blue, 3 red, 1 green
- Sitting box: standard sitting box (16" w x 29" l x 11.5" h) (41cm x 74cm x 29cm)
-Single D-ring cotton loops (1 pair)
-Neoprene handles (1 pair)
- Upholstery: Your choice of 9 standard colors. (Custom orders, please call to order.)
- Other: cotton footstrap
Bonus - $615 value included at no additional charge
- Standard sitting box and footstrap.
- Built-in standing platform with non-slip surface for safety.
- Adjustable risers, ropes, single D-ring cotton loops and Neoprene® handles.
All orders will be confirmed by a Sales rep within 24-48 hours. Sales staff will contact you with estimated delivery & lead times.
Frame, Finish & Hardware
- Choice of frame heights (14", 18", or 24") (36cm, 46cm, or 61cm), to fit your workout needs.
- Strata Rock Maple or Strata Artisan Maple with Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Frame is sanded by hand and finished with a lustrous satin finish.
- Extra-wide 7" (17.75cm) boards combined with fitted and joined frame and legs create an exceptionally sturdy, stable machine.
- Foot plate bracket.
- Heavy-duty hardware throughout. Aluminum parts are anodized to reduce friction, prevent oxidation and eliminate "black dust."
- A cut-out at the head of the Studio Reformer adds an extra 3.5" (8.9cm) of carriage travel in machines with risers.
Carriage, Straps and Handles
- Carriages are lightweight yet strong, for an extremely responsive and stable surface.
- Precision carriage system now rides on one-piece rail structure that provides a rock solid, smooth carriage ride and offers even greater frame stability.
- Carriage tracking system creates an ultra-smooth, virtually silent ride. Our 8-wheel system features four custom-built vertical wheels to support the carriage, and 4 adjustable sidewheels to guide the carriage smoothly down the track.
- Control the extension of the carriage with 5 carriage stops at head of the frame.
- Adjustable padded shoulder rests are sculpted for comfort. Easily removed for mat conversion. Rests offer an optional adjustment 1" (2.5cm) wider than standard.
- 3-position padded headrest for cervical support.
- Longest carriage travel in the industry - advantageous for jumping exercises. Maximum travel is 41" (104cm) in machines with risers.
- Safety-rated climbing ropes are secured by nautical cam cleats. Rope length adjustments are quick and easy. Option also available: Classic leather straps and casters.
- Shoulder posts/handles hold ropes off floor.
- Padded carriage, upholstered in heavy-duty vinyl. Choose from 42 custom colors .
( continued above )
- Durable nickel-plated springs with tapered ends and swivel hooks.
- 5-spring format enables you to configure up to 46 resistances. Your choice of spring weights. Standard configuration: 1 blue (light), 3 red (medium), 1 green (heavy). More about Balanced Body® Signature Springs .
Height: 14" (36cm). Can also choose heights of 18" (45.7cm) or 24" (61cm).
Length: 93" (236cm) Stretch Studio Reformer is 99" (251cm) in length.
Width: 26.5" (69cm).
Carriage pad, pad only, not including head rest:
Length: 30.5" (77.5cm)
Width: 23" (58.4cm)
See information about our wood choices .
51 upholstery colors:
Heavy-duty viny in 51 colors. Of that total, 9 are standard/free, and an additional 42 custom colors are available (additional charges apply). Try our Color Tool and get more information here , or email us for a sample color palette.
Footbar & Springbar
Revo Adjustment System
The revolutionary Revo Adjustment System gives you the greatest flexibility and enables you to create the ergonomically correct position for every user. The Revo combines 2 radically redesigned components: the locking Footbar and the 5-position Springbar. The system easily adapts your Reformer to better fit the needs of the user's size, range of movement, and ability.
Revo Footbar® (1)
- Locking footbar with four positions, including down.
- Diameter (2.5"/6.3cm) with padded non-slip cover.
U.S. Patent Nos. 6338704, 7288054, 7163500.
Revo Springbar (2)
- Carriage and Springbar are integrated - moving the Springbar moves the carriage and keeps the springs in neutral tension.
- Five carriage stop positions provide 12" (30.5cm) of adjustability from carriage to footbar, creating the ergonomically correct position for every user. For short to average height clients, use positions #1or #2. For taller clients, or those with a limited range of motion, use positions #3 - #5.
U.S. Patent Nos. 6120425, 7288051, 7288053, 7163500.
Classic Footbar / No-Roll Springbar
Classic Footbar (3)
- The 3-position, Classic Footbar has 2 supports and adjusts to 3 heights (including down).
- 24" (61cm) wide Footbar with comfortable padding and non-slip surface. Diameter: 2-1/2" (6.4cm) , with padding (2"/5cm on request).
- The oval shape of the No-Roll Springbar makes it a safe choice; it won't roll downward and springs stay connected. Easy to use, the hooks remain upright.
- 2 Springbar positions (gears).
- Optional carriage extension and return stoppers.
- Older Balanced Body Reformers can be retrofitted with the No-Roll Springbar.
U.S. Patent Nos. 6685606.
Infinity Footbar ®/Revo Springbar
The Infinity Footbar ® is the most adaptable footbar available today. The Footbar adjusts along the entire length of the frame to support a whole new realm of exercise possibilities, including upper body work. Five vertical positions and 32 horizontal positions give the Infinity Footbar 160 locking positions to safely accommodate people of all heights and levels of ability, including children.
Infinity Footbar (4)
Combine the Infinity Footbar with the easy-to-use Revo Springbar for the most precise system available, or choose the more traditional No-Roll Springbar.
- Footbar diameter: 2-1/4" (5.7cm) , with padding. Width: 39-1/4" (99.7cm).
- 5 vertical footbar positions (only 4 positions shown)
- 32 horizontal footbar positions
U.S. Patent No. 6971976.
( continued above )