Ron Fletcher Reformer™
Built from the original designs of Joe Pilates.
"The Reformer that Balanced Body® makes to my specifications is top-quality, superbly crafted with attention to detail, and built to stand up under hard usage. Most importantly, it's built from the original, authentic models designed by Joe Pilates, improved with Balanced Body's updated materials and mechanical techniques."
Built from the original models designed for Joe Pilates
Ron Fletcher was a dancer when he began his studies with Joseph and Clara Pilates in 1946. After Joe passed away, Ron continued to work with Clara. In 1970, he opened a Pilates exercise studio in Beverly Hills, attracting a Hollywood clientele and establishing Pilates on the West Coast.
Balanced Body has built custom Reformers for Ron since 1985. We are delighted to offer these superb machines in our catalog. Based on plans given to Ron by Clara Pilates, the Ron Fletcher Reformer™ is slightly shorter and narrower than our Studio Reformers. It features adjustable latigo leather straps and handles, a pair of extension straps, a 3-position footbar, and four springs.
Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Comparison: the Ron Fletcher Reformer™ and the Studio Reformer®
|Carriage travel||33.5"||41" *|
|Overall Frame length **||93"||93"|
|Overall frame width||25.5"||26.5"*|
|Footbar diameter||1 5/16"||1 5/8" *|
|Height of low footbar position above frame||10"||10"|
|Height of high footbar position above frame||11.25"||14.5"|
|Distance from low footbar to shoulder rest||42.25"||41"|
|Distance from high footbar to shoulder rest||41"||32.5"|
* With risers.
** Length includes a 3" standing platform.
Bonus - a $290 value included at no additional charge
- Standard sitting box and footstrap.
- Pair of Fuzzies
Stock item order:
- Strata Rock Maple or Strata Artisan Maple with Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Fine furniture frame. Hand sanded and finished with a lustrous satin finish.
- Heavy-duty hardware throughout. All accessible aluminum parts are anodized to reduce friction, prevent oxidation, and eliminate "black dust."
- Precision carriage tracking system creates an ultra-smooth, virtually silent ride. Our 8-wheel system features four custom-built vertical wheels to support the carriage, and four adjustable sidewheels to guide the carriage smoothly down the track. All wheels are built with Abec 3 bearings.
- 2-position padded headrest for cervical support.
- Accurate springs ensure users can consistently repeat movements.
- Durable nickel-plated springs with tapered ends and swivel hooks. Standard configuration: 4 red (medium).
- Exclusively offered by Balanced Body, these are the longest-lasting springs available.
SpecificationsHeight: 14" Length: 93" Width: 25.5"
See information about our wood choices.
51 upholstery colors:
Heavy-duty viny in 51 colors. Of that total, 9 are standard/free, and an additional 42 custom colors are available (additional charges apply). Try our Color Tool and get more information here, or email us for a sample color palette.
Footbar & Spring Bar
- Single support Footbar with three positions, including down.
- Narrow Footbar diameter (2") with padded, non-slip cover.
- No-Roll Springbar prevents downward rotation when springs are removed, making spring changes faster and simpler.
- 2 gears (Springbar positions).