Reformer Trapeze Combination™
Two extraordinary machines in the space of one.
The Pilates Reformer Trapeze Combination™ from Balanced Body is ideal for single practitioners, home use and any setting where space is limited.
It combines a complete Studio Reformer® with a Trapeze Table, – a deluxe machine with top-of-the-line features and functionality that requires no more floor space than a Reformer. Originally created by Balanced Body® for Marika Molnar in 1994.
We are pleased to introduce recent improvements for the Reformer Trapeze Combination that we think you’ll love.
- Stainless steel frame: the canopy frame is now built of stainless steel instead of chrome. You will love its sleek look that it is smooth and easy to maintain. It is also resistant to chipping, pitting, corrosion and discoloration, and its fabrication is more environmentally responsible.
- Slide System for the push-through bar: repositioning the bar is a fast, one-person job that will not interrupt the flow of your session. Bonus: it is quiet to use and maintenance-free.
Easiest conversion system available.
- To convert from Reformer to Tower, two lightweight mats fit over the carriage and on top of the frame. No need to lift, flip or turn the carriage.
- To convert from Tower to Reformer, twin mats lift off to reveal the Reformer concealed in the frame. Then just lift the risers, insert the shoulder rests and raise the footbar.
Note: Optional Face Rest requires factory-drilled mounting holes on your Reformer Trapeze Combination, which must be requested at time of ordering your new machine. Stock item: Strata® Rock Maple, black upholstery.
Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Your order is estimated to ship within 14 business days, and you will receive an email confirmation at time of shipment.
- Frame: Strata Rock Maple frame is sanded by hand with a lustrous satin finish. Limited Lifetime Warranty. Standard frame height of 24" (61cm) is available online. Call to order other heights.
- Footbar & springbar: Revo Footbar® with Revo Springbar™. Locks for safety, with 4 vertical and 5 horizontal positions for easy, quick adjustments. Other configurations available.
- Carriage: precision carriage tracking system creates an ultra-smooth, virtually silent ride. The 8-wheel system features four custom-built vertical wheels to support the carriage, and four adjustable sidewheels to guide the carriage smoothly down the track. Upholstered carriage has standard foam padding.
- Ropes: safety-rated climbing ropes are secured by nautical cam cleats. Rope length adjustments are quick and easy.
- Risers: retractable metal risers with four locking positions elevate the pulleys above the frame from 2" to 13" (5cm to 33cm). Swivel pulleys allow variable angles of resistance; ropes can be pulled easily in any direction.
- Headrest & shoulder rests: Padded headrest provides cervical support in 3 positions. Balanced Body TwistLock™ shoulder rests allow quick adjustments or removal without tethered pins. Secure and quiet.
- Reformer springs: Balanced Body Signature Springs™, package of 5: 1 blue (light), 3 red (medium), 1 green (heavy).
- Standing platform: built-in standing Platform is 27" x 4.5" (69cm x 11cm), with 24" x 3.5" (61cm x 9cm) rubberized non-slip surface for safety.
- Hardware: Heavy-duty hardware throughout, with aluminum parts anodized to reduce friction, prevent oxidation, and eliminate “black dust.”
- Upholstery: Heavy-duty vinyl upholstery is available in your choice of 9 standard colors at no extra charge, or an additional 42 custom colors (additional charges apply). Stock color: Black.
- CE approved medical device (Class 1).
- Canopy: Stainless steel canopy is strong for safety, easy to maintain, and resists chipping, pitting, corrosion and discoloration. For maximum stability, it mounts to the wood base at 8 connection points.
- Push-Through Bar: our Slide System makes repositioning the push-through bar a fast, one-person job that will not interrupt the flow of your session. The bar adjusts to 3 heights, is quiet to use and maintenance-free. Constructed of anodized aluminum, it can be assembled as 3-sided or 4-sided bar. Safety strap and carabiner included.
- Twin mats: Easy-to-handle upholstered mats convert your Reformer to a stable Trapeze Table (Cadillac) surface. Table surface with mats installed is 3 inches (8cm) wider than a traditional Trapeze Table. Mats can also be used on the floor.
- Trapeze Table springs: Balanced Body Signature Springs™ with snap hooks, package of 12: 2 yellow (very light), 2 blue (light), 2 red (medium), and 2 black (Trapeze Bar) springs. Long Springs: 2 yellow (very light) and 2 purple (medium).
- Slider bars: Horizontal and vertical slider bars provide numerous positions for spring attachments. Butterfly knobs allow easy and secure slider bar adjustments.
- Trapeze bar: padded bar with padded spring sleeves, cotton canopy loop (long web, black) and a pair of soft lambswool fuzzies.
- Roll-down bar: solid maple, 23" long (58cm), with inside hooks.
More Accessories Included
- Standard sitting box: 29"l x 16"w x 11.5"h (74cm x 41cm x 29cm).
- One pair each: padded double loops, neoprene handles, single cotton loops, adjustable thigh cuffs and adjustable ankle cuffs.
- Foot strap, padded.
- Belly strap: black, cotton webbing.
- Height of wood frame (including Reformer carriage): 14" (36cm), 18" (46cm) or 24" (61cm). Available online: 24" (61cm).
- Width of frame and installed mat conversion: 26.5" (67cm).
- Width of canopy including brackets 30.5" (78cm).
- Length of frame including built-in standing platform: 93" (236cm).
- Table height including mat conversion: from 15.5" (39cm) to 25.5" (65cm), depending on frame height.
- Twin mat conversion: each mat is 46.5"l x 26.5"w x 3.25"h (118cm x 67cm x 8cm).
- Height of canopy above table base: 61.5" (156cm).
- Weight including canopy, carriage and mat conversion: 249 lbs (113kg).
Many features of the Reformer Trapeze Combination are customizable to meet your needs, including:
- Wood frame: Balanced Body wood choices include Strata® Rock Maple (standard), Strata® Artisan Maple (no extra charge) or Select Strata® (upgrade charge).
- Frame height: your choice of 14" (36cm), 18" (46cm) or 24" (61cm), at no extra charge.
- Footbar/springbar systems: your choice of Revo Adjustment System™ (standard) or Classic Footbar/No-Roll Springbar.
- Push-through bar: maple 4-sided push-through bar is available as an alternative to the standard aluminum push-through bar, if requested at time of purchase.
- Balanced Body Signature Springs™: set of 5 Reformer springs may be customized.
- Standard foam is used for Reformer carriage, twin mats and sitting box. Custom stability padding is also available (extra charge applies).
- Heavy-duty vinyl upholstery is offered in 51 colors; 9 are standard/free, and 42 additional custom colors are available (extra charge applies). More information here, and a fun Color Tool to try.
- Other ropes, loop and handles are available (additional charges may apply).
Please contact us for more information. Custom orders are our specialty, and we are happy to help you configure exactly what you need. Samples of our wood and vinyl upholstery are free on request.
Footbar & Springbar
We recommend the revolutionary Revo Adjustment System™. It gives you the greatest flexibility and enables you to create the ergonomically correct position for every user. The Revo combines two radically redesigned components: the locking footbar and the 5-position Springbar. The system easily adapts your Reformer to better fit the user’s size, range of movement and ability.
The Classic Footbar with No-Roll Springbar is also available.