Clinical Reformer® with Tower and Mat
#1 choice of hospitals, rehab clinics & private practitioners worldwide.
For over 20 years, Balanced Body has worked with rehabilitation professionals to refine our Clinical Reformer® into a versatile and practical rehabilitation tool used today by clinicians worldwide.
With the addition of a Tower and Mat Conversion, you gain the ability to work in multiple planes of resistance, on a mat or moving carriage, and from both sides of the Tower. No additional space required!
Purchase your Reformer and Tower together, or add a Tower to your Reformer later.
The Clinical Reformer includes the Infinity Footbar® with your choice of springbars. The Infinity Footbar provides unmatched adjustability for working with patients of all heights (including children), because the footbar adjusts the entire length of the frame.
How do Balanced Body products differ from others that look similar?
- To convert from Reformer to Tower, two lightweight mats fit over the carriage and on top of the frame. No need to lift, flip or turn the carriage.
- To convert from Tower to Reformer, just remove the mats, lift the risers, insert the shoulder rests and raise the footbar.
- Tower frame is stainless steel, engineered and built for stability. Its unique attachment system provides maximum stability and disperses the stress throughout the frame.
- Our Slide System for the push-through bar makes repositioning the bar a fast, one-person job that will not interrupt the flow of your session. Bonus: it is quiet to use and maintenance-free.
- Mats double as floor mats. Non-skid feet keep them firmly in place.
Easiest conversion system available.
You will receive an email confirmation at time of shipment.
Clinical Reformer® and Tower may be purchased separately. Or save $300 when you purchase Reformer and Tower together.
Bonus – included at no extra charge, a value $933 value:
CE approved medical device (Class 1).
- Frame: Strata Rock Maple frame is sanded by hand with a lustrous satin finish. Standard frame height of 24" (61cm) is available online; call to order other heights. Extra-wide 7" (18cm) boards combine with fitted and joined frame and legs, to create an exceptionally sturdy, stable machine. Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Footbar & springbar: Infinity Footbar® with Revo Springbar™, the most adaptable footbar available. Can be positioned along the entire length of the frame, with 5 vertical and 32 horizontal positions (all locking), to safety accommodate patients of all heights and abilities, including children.
- Carriage: Precision carriage tracking system creates an ultra-smooth, virtually silent ride. The 8-wheel system features 4 custom-built vertical wheels to support the carriage, and 4 adjustable sidewheels to guide the carriage smoothly down the track. Upholstered carriage has standard foam padding.
- Ropes: Safety-rated climbing ropes are secured by nautical cam cleats. Rope length adjustments are quick and easy.
- Risers: Retractable metal risers with four locking positions elevate the pulleys above the frame from 2" to 13" (5cm to 33cm). Swivel pulleys allow variable angles of resistance; ropes can be pulled easily in any direction.
- Headrest & shoulder rests: Padded headrest provides cervical support in 3 positions. Balanced Body TwistLock™ shoulder rests allow quick adjustments or removal without tethered pins. Secure and quiet.
- Reformer springs: Balanced Body Signature Springs™, package of 6: 1 yellow (very light), 1 blue (light), 3 red (medium), 1 green (heavy). Other configurations available.
- Standing platform: Built-in standing Platform is 27" x 4.5" (69cm x 11cm), with 24" x 3.5" (61cm x 9cm) rubberized non-slip surface for safety.
- Hardware: Heavy-duty hardware throughout, with aluminum parts anodized to reduce friction, prevent oxidation, and eliminate “black dust.”
- Upholstery: Heavy-duty vinyl upholstery is available in your choice of 9 standard colors at no extra charge, or an additional 42 custom colors (additional charges apply). Stock color: Black.
- Tower: Stainless steel tower with 35 spring attachment points is strong for safety, easy to maintain, and resists chipping, pitting, corrosion and discoloration. For maximum stability, 4 custom-engineered L-brackets secure the tower to the Reformer. Brackets are through-bolted with heavy-gauge steel bolts.
- Push-through bar: Our Slide System makes repositioning the push-through bar a fast, one-person job that will not interrupt the flow of your session. The bar adjusts to 3 heights, is quiet to use and maintenance-free. Constructed of anodized aluminum and 3-sided (optional 4th side connector bar available separately). Safety strap and carabiner included.
- Twin mats: Easy-to-handle upholstered mats convert your Reformer to a stable surface. Mats can also be used on the floor.
- Tower springs: Balanced Body Signature Springs™ with snap hooks, package of 8. Regular length: 2 yellow (very light) and 2 blue (light). Long Springs: 2 yellow (very light) and 2 purple (medium).
- Roll-down bar: Solid maple, 23" long (58cm), with inside hooks.
More Accessories Included
- Standard sitting Box: 29"l x 16"w x 11.5"h (74cm x 41cm x 29cm), with handles on 3 sides.
- Oversized standing platform with clear, non-slip finish, 20" x 11" (50cm x 28cm).
- Padded foot plate (jumpboard), 21" x 20.5" (53cm x 52cm).
- One pair each: padded double loops, single cotton loops, neoprene handles, adjustable thigh cuffs and ankle cuffs.
- Foot strap, padded, 27" (68cm).
Reformer height–including carriage: 14” (36cm), 18” (46cm) or 24” (61cm). Available online: 24” (61cm).
Reformer length: 93” (236cm).
Reformer width: 27” (69cm).
Footbar width: 39.25” (100cm).
Tower width–including push-through bar adjustment knobs: 30.25” (76cm).
Tower height: up to 83.5” (212cm), depending on frame height.
Weight of Clinical Reformer with Tower: 227 lbs (103kg).
Many features of the Clinical Reformer® with Tower and Mat are customizable to meet your needs, including:
- Wood frame: Balanced Body wood choices include Strata® Rock Maple (standard), Strata® Artisan Maple (no extra charge) or Select Strata® (upgrade charge).
- Frame height: Your choice of 14" (36cm), 18" (46cm) or 24" (61cm), at no extra charge.
- Standard foam is used for Reformer carriage, twin mats and sitting box. Custom stability padding is also available (extra charge applies).
- Other ropes, loop and handles are available (additional charges may apply).
- Other sitting boxes and jumpboards are available (additional charges may apply).
- Heavy-duty vinyl upholstery is offered in 51 colors; 9 are standard/free, and 42 additional custom colors are available (extra charge applies). More information here, and a fun Color Tool to try.
Please contact us for more information. Custom orders are our specialty, and we are happy to help you configure exactly what you need. Samples of our wood and vinyl upholstery are free on request.
Footbar & Spring Bar
Infinity Footbar ®
The most adaptable footbar available today, the Infinity Footbar® was originally designed for a pediatric physical therapist for working with children. The Footbar adjusts along the entire length of the frame to support a whole new realm of exercise possibilities, including upper body work. Five vertical positions and 32 horizontal positions give the Infinity Footbar 160 locking positions, to safely accommodate people of all heights and levels of ability, including children.
Combine the Infinity Footbar with the easy-to-use Revo Springbar for the most precise system available, or choose the more traditional No-Roll Springbar.
- Footbar diameter: 2.25" (6cm) with padding. Width: 39.25"
- 5 vertical footbar positions (only 4 positions shown) )
- 32 horizontal footbar positions
- Carriage and Springbar are integrated - moving the Springbar moves the carriage.
- Five carriage stop positions provide 12" of adjustability from carriage to footbar, creating the ergonomically correct position for every user. For clients of short to average height, use positions #1 or #2. For taller clients or those with a limited range of motion, use positions #3 - #5.